- Tor with:
- NetworkManager for easy network configuration (More…)
- Tor Browser (More…), a web browser based on Mozilla Firefox and modified to protect your anonymity with:
- Pidgin preconfigured with OTR for Off-the-Record Messaging (More…)
- OnionShare for anonymous file sharing
- Thunderbird email client with Enigmail for OpenPGP support, also an RSS and Atom news feed reader (More…)
- Aircrack-ng for wireless network auditing
- Electrum, an easy-to-use bitcoin client (More…)
- OBS – Open Broadcast System for producing live streams.
- LibreOffice (More…)
- Gimp and Inkscape to edit images (More…)
- GNOME Sound Recorder for recording sound (More…)
- Audacity for recording and editing sounds (More…)
- Poedit to edit .po files
- Simple Scan and SANE for scanner support
- Brasero to burn CD/DVDs
- Sound Juicer to rip audio CDs
- BookletImposer to convert linear PDF documents into booklets, and vice-versa
Encryption and privacy
- Support for both LUKS and VeraCrypt encrypted volumes (like USB sticks) (More…)
- GnuPG, the GNU implementation of OpenPGP for email and data encyption and signing
- GNOME screen keyboard for accessibility, and as a countermeasure against hardware keyloggers (More…)
- MAT to anonymize metadata in files
- KeePassXC password manager (More…)
- GtkHash to calculate checksums (More…)
- PDF Redact Tools to redact and strip metadata from text documents before publishing
- Tesseract OCR to convert images containing text into a text document
- FFmpeg to record and convert audio and video
The full packages list can be found in the BitTorrent files download directory (look for files with the
Additionally, you can install in ORCHID any other software available in Debian that runs on Tails.
To install additional software automatically when starting Tails, use the Additional Software feature of the Persistent Storage.
- automatic mechanism to upgrade a USB stick to newer versions
- can be run as a virtualized guest inside VirtualBox (More…)
- 64-bit PAE-enabled kernel with NX-bit and SMP support on hardware that supports it
- Some basic accessibility features
- Some application isolation with AppArmor
- To prevent cold-boot attacks and various memory forensics, Tails erases most memory on shutdown and when the boot media is physically removed.
When starting ORCHID, you can choose between a large number of languages, including Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Czech, Welsh, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Persian, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Latvian, Bokmål, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovene, Albanian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Chinese.
The required keyboard input system is automatically enabled.